- Private referrals
- ACC Referrals
- Public Health Funded Referrals
- Orthotic Assessment Clinic
- How we work
- Common Questions
Orthotic Centre (NZ) Ltd, trading as the Orthotic Centre, was originally established in Auckland in 1991 to provide clinical and manufacturing services. Since then further Centres have been established, in Wellington, Hamilton, Dunedin, Invercargill and Christchurch. Clients have access to our service in the following ways:
- by client funded self referral
- by client funded prescription or referral
- by Crown funded prescription or referral issued by a hospital based medical specialist (or other health professional with prescribing authority) employed by a District Health Board
- by ACC funded(accepted claim) prescription or referral issued by a registered medical specialist
Our Auckland Centres provide orthotic services at our clinical rooms in Ellerslie. In addition, our orthotists are on site at all the District Health Boards, as well as the Wilson Centre, Rehab Plus, the Spinal Unit, Carlson School for Cerebral Palsy and Special Needs Schools.
Our Centre in Christchurch provides orthotic clinical and manufacturing services to the Canterbury District Health Boards, ACC and private clients.
Our Centre in Hamilton services the Waikato, Hamilton and surrounding areas including Thames, Matamata, Tokoroa, Te Kuiti and Taumarunui.
Our Centre in Invercargill provides orthotic services to the District Health Boards, ACC and private clients in the Southland and Lakes Districts.
Our Centre in Wellington provides orthotic services to private clients, ACC and to the District Health Boards in the Wellington region and the Hutt Valley.
Our Centre in Dunedin provides orthotic services to the District Health Boards, ACC and private clients in the Otago region.