ACC Referrals

If you have an ACC covered injury, your specialist can refer you to the Orthotic Centre, but there are rules. You need:


An orthotic prescription or referral from a medical specialist, GP, physiotherapist or podiatrist.


Obvious cause and effect.
The need for orthotics must be without question caused by the accident.


Prior approval in some cases.
We are happy to apply to ACC for funding for you. This may delay provision of the product.


There are other rules related to date of accident, hospital discharge or elective surgery that may affect eligibility. We can advise you on these rules.