- Private referrals
- ACC Referrals
- Public Health Funded Referrals
- Orthotic Assessment Clinic
- How we work
- Common Questions
If you have an ACC covered injury, your specialist can refer you to the Orthotic Centre, but there are rules.You need:
- An orthotic prescription from a medical specialist.
- Unfortunately, a prescription from a GP is not accepted.
- Obvious cause and effect.
- The need for orthotics must be without question caused by the accident.
- Prior approval in some cases.
- We are happy to apply to ACC for funding for you. This may delay provision of the product.
There are other rules related to date of accident, hospital discharge or elective surgery that may affect eligibility. We can advise you on these rules.