Public Health Funded Referrals

Some public hospital doctors can refer you to the Orthotic Centre.

For example, if you go to a hospital Accident & Emergency for an elbow injury, you may be referred to us for an elbow brace. If you attend a public hospital Rheumatology Clinic, you may be referred for insoles or wrist supports.

Most of these items are free to you. A part charge may apply to footwear and insoles.

We aim to provide accident and other urgent bracing as soon as possible. There may be a waiting time for items needed long-term since there is a limited budget for these items.